We're engineered to make the right people your people
We know finding people with the expertise you need isn't easy, but that's where we come in. We match skilled people to vital, important work, and create long-term partnerships with companies, government agencies and employees in the process.
Looking for good people?
We believe happy people do better work. When you hire one of our employees to fill a temporary need, you can count on us to continue treating them like family. We acknowledge birthdays, anniversaries and other life milestones. We take the time to get to know our employees, even though they may be working at your location. Whether we get together for coffee, our summer barbecues or holiday party, our employees know they are special.
Types of Positions We Place
You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for specialized, experienced and skilled people in the engineering, technology and support space. Our employees do some of the most complex and vital work there is.
Engineers need to have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying...
Drafters & Designers
Drafters and Designers use software to convert the designs of engineers and architects into technical drawings. Most...
Are numbers and data your thing? Get creative, analytical and critically think about developing, designing and implementing...
Analysts. People who dive deep into the how’s why’s where’s and when’s of business data, processes, and...
Project Managers plan, initiate, and manage projects, leading and guiding the work of technical staff. Project Managers...
Frequent positions we fill: Administrative Assistant Administrative Services Assistants Administrative Specialist Administrative Technician Clerk/Typist Construction Analyst Construction Manag...
Staffing Account Manager
Come work with the best staffing firm in the Portland/Vancouver Metro area!
- Are you a successful Staffing Account Manager with experience selling professional and/or technical level staff augmentation and placement services?
- Do you want a base salary + uncapped commissions (no draw)?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset that is driven by serving people while still focusing on meeting and exceeding your goals?
- Are you tired of being micro-managed?
- Are you feeling depleted because you have to make so many outreaches that you don’t have time to build long-term relationships with your book of business?
- Are you tired of wearing a suit jacket every day in the office?
- Are you making that long commute into Portland and want to work in Vancouver?
If any of this sounds like you, please send your resume in for consideration!
What we live by: “People First. Always.”
Besides working with a great team, here are just a few more perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Employer provides a generous contribution towards employee’s premiums
- 401k – Employer Match up to 3% of gross pay (including commissions)
- Dog-friendly office
- Espresso and newly added Tea bar (we are inclusive)
- Great earning potential with a work/life balance (family first culture)
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success in finding, qualifying, and negotiating with organizations needing engineering, IT and professional level candidates. This position needs a results-oriented team player who is an expert at building relationships quickly and communicating effectively. A winning attitude with an enthusiastic desire to succeed is required.
- Continuously develop and grow a client portfolio while developing and sustaining productive long-term relationships
- Use a variety of technical tools to develop a diverse book of business:
- Research, phone calls, social media, in-person networking, and database mining, etc. to find and qualify prospective clients
- Capable of relating to individuals at all levels of the organization and service small, midsize and large accounts alike
- Experience in selling both contract and permanent placements is a plus
- ACS is a full-service talent firm that places temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire placements. The sky is the limit, no need to flip accounts to another account manager in a different vertical after you do all the work. You sell it, you “own” it!
- Enter, update, and maintain client information and follow-up on leads provided by management and recruiting teams
- Understand customer needs while staying up-to-date on the latest trends and market conditions
- 2+ years’ experience in staffing account management and new business development
- Skilled at uncovering customer challenges and determining appropriate staffing solutions that provide value
- Recent success with finding and closing new business
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with a team player attitude
- Experience working in a goal-driven environment and capable of meeting and exceeding those goals
- Strong customer service focus and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to proactively network and establish successful working relationships
- Has a consultative approach while displaying professionalism in all business interactions
- Possess a consultative approach and focus on building long-term relationships
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including negotiation
- Self-starter that is able to work with minimal supervision.
Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.