ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Estimator II is responsible to scope, develop, coordinate, and communicate all levels of project and program estimates in support of Project Management. This full-time position is located in Richland, WA.
Pay range: $58.05 – $91.42
- WA Sick Leave: One hour of paid sick leave for every 40 hours you work. You can start taking protected sick time after your 91st day of employment.
- EAP: Employee Assistance Program
- Benefit Options: Medical, FSA, HSA, HRA, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Critical Illness, Voluntary Accident, 401k (eligible after 1,000 hours of work; with an employer match option up to 4%)
- Other benefits include the following: Calm App, Access Perks, Cigna offers fitness discounts (gym or home), and a meal kit program for those enrolled in medical insurance.
- Monitor labor market trends, work with procurement to monitor equipment and material pricing trends, determine tax liability for projects where applicable, etc.
- Participate in project coordination activities as required to support the development and ongoing maintenance of the annual project lists. Leverage existing solutions to ensure activities are efficient, complete, and accurate.
- Attends management and project-level meetings to represent and explain the basis for the estimates, estimate the level of accuracy, and provide general support to project managers.
- Attends department D 15 meetings, safety meetings, and all hands meetings, and performs other miscellaneous tasks as required by supervision. Must support the biennial refueling outage.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 8 years of industrial-level experience scoping and developing engineering, procurement, and construction estimates including preliminary, rough order of magnitude, budgetary, and definitive estimating levels of accuracy may be as a result of Project Management responsibilities.
- OR a High School diploma or GED and 10 years of industrial level experience scoping and developing engineering, procurement, and construction estimates including preliminary, rough order of magnitude, budgetary, and definitive estimating levels of accuracy may be as a result of Project Management responsibilities.
- A minimum of 5 years of specific cost estimating experience is required and/or professional certifications proving estimating knowledge must be obtained from AACE and/or ASPE.
- Project estimating experience in a nuclear power plant – Commercial Nuclear.
- Knowledge of Commercial Nuclear plant systems and components, system interrelationships, design basis, and regulatory requirements (FSAR, industry codes including ASME and ANSI, etc.).
- 9 years or more of specific cost estimating experience.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Ability to obtain Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or other Project estimating-specific certifications.
- Knowledge of industrial plant, engineering, maintenance, and construction processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of professional project management principles.
- Knowledge of project estimating, reporting, and cost analysis of project information.
- Well-developed skills in the areas of administration and time management.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication and presentation skills, comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of scope management.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and data-checking skills.
- Skilled at interfacing/communicating with Senior Management.
- Ability to establish goals, set priorities, and maintain an awareness of interrelationships among activities.
Work sponsorship is not available at this time. Third-party candidates will not be considered for this position.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow applicants to participate in the hiring process if requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com