Our client, a well-known and established engineering, surveying, and planning firm, seeks a Principal Civil Engineer to join their growing leadership team. The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for leading a diverse team of engineers and project managers in the design of residential, commercial, and public development projects. The ideal candidate will use their strong communication and engineering skills to work with clients, contractors, design engineers, cities counties, municipalities, and utility agencies as they provide professional services ranging from planning to construction management, site inspections, permitting, storm drainage, road design, grading and sewer and waterway designs. This is a long-term, direct-hire role located in Seattle, WA.
Pay range: $135,000.00 – $195,000.00
A few of the perks:
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision package
- Employer-paid HSA contributions
- Bonuses + 401K + PTO + Holidays
- Work/Life Balance
- Manage a team of project managers and civil engineers.
- Develop and find new business development opportunities, forming strong connections with existing clients and developing plans to increase market share and grow profitability with new clients.
- Lead engineering designs preparing reports, construction drawings, specifications, and calculations for a variety of projects.
- Initiate and manage client relations and develop proposals and budgets as the client manager.
- Lead and develop initial project layouts that are code-compliant to meet client needs.
- Manage the permitting process and permitting strategies so that clients meet their project delivery deadlines.
- Develop project schedules.
- Attending project hearings.
- Assist clients through any project appeals.
- Mentor design associates on technical matters and procedures.
- Develop fee estimates for all project types ensuring that projects are delivered on schedule and within scope and budget.
- Prepare and conduct technical reviews of staff, reports, correspondence, and calculations and prepare technical recommendations.
- Prepare proposals and assist leadership in the preparation of large-scale proposals.
- Ensure that QA/QC procedures are implemented within design teams.
- Improve company resources and tools to advance quality and efficiency.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or appropriate science required, MS preferred.
- 15+ years minimum civil engineering and management experience required.
- Washington State Professional Engineering (PE) license required; multi-state preferred.
- Land development project experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint, required.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, is required.
- Ability to collaborate with and supervise engineering staff.
- Ability to develop and initiate new business development opportunities.
- Demonstrate excellent rapport with management and co-workers, a positive attitude, excellent customer service, and outstanding people skills.
- Experience in the permit process and permitting strategies.
- Experience in plan preparation, specifications, cost estimates, and engineering support services during the construction of municipal projects.
- Demonstrated ability to understand land use code in project layout and feasibility report development.
- Strong local and client ties with area clients that require civil engineering and related services preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasking, and good follow-through skills.
- Excellent technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts visually, verbally, and in written communication to communicate effectively with various departments, clients, and agencies.
- Excellent time management and project task management skills.
Work sponsorship is not available currently. No third-party candidates are considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodation to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org