ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The System Administrator 3 position provides General Support System (GSS) infrastructure maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, emergency response, client support, system energization/acceptance testing, and performance analysis and trending. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Pay range: $40.00 – $61.50
- Paid holidays: 11
- PTO: Starting at 10 days
- Federal Sick Leave: Up to 56 hours per year (prorated based on start date)
- EAP: Employee Assistance Program
- Benefit Options Available: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, HRA, Group Life/AD&D, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Critical Illness, Voluntary Accident, 401k (immediately eligible for employee and employer (matching up to 4%) contributions)
- Other benefits include the following: Calm App, Access Perks, Cigna offers fitness discounts (gym or home), and a meal kit program for those enrolled in medical insurance.
- Implementation, design, and maintenance of least privileged and role-based access control models.
- Deployment and management of antivirus, antimalware, and malicious code prevention tools.
- Software deployment services and package management.
- Virtualization infrastructure (e.g., virtual machines, virtual appliances, virtual host infrastructure).
- Support of various Linux operating systems and environments (e.g., CentOS, RedHat, etc.).
- Support of in-house-developed applications.
- Industry DevOps practices.
- Configuration management technologies and best practices (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef, etc.).
- Design patching, repository, and software management solutions.
- Research, test, and draft/document standardized technical procedures for deploying server and workstation computer hardware and associated operating systems; organize, store, and dispose of superseded documents by Information Governance and lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards.
- Implement, design, and maintain least privileged and role-based access control models.
- Provide advice and recommendations for process / procedural changes that may become necessary due to system changes, upgrades, etc. to the appropriate company manager/team lead/company stakeholders.
- Develop, draft, and recommend improvements to the Control Center’s procedures and processes for compliance with Company and NERC-CIP standards and policies.
- Develop, draft, and recommend improvements to the Control Center’s procedures and processes for the Company's Grid Modernization project, as well as other capital and expense projects.
- Assist the Company's management with the implementation and promotion of approved operational compliance process improvement efforts, specifically as relates to the administration of the above-referenced systems.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a directly related technical discipline is preferred.
- 8 years of experience is required with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields.
- 10 years of experience is required without a degree or applicable degree.
- Experience must include direct work experience in Information Technology performing System Administration.
- Experience includes a minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
- 2 years of experience with the following:
- Working knowledge and experience sufficient to successfully support and maintain a virtualized and converged computer environment.
- Working knowledge and experience sufficient to successfully support, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise Windows infrastructure using active directory, group policy, PowerShell, and other Windows utilities.
- Experience setting up and administering an enterprise cyber vulnerability scanning and assessment infrastructure.
- Experience administering computer systems in a 24/7 high-availability operational environment.
- Administration and maintenance of network systems infrastructure management tools or systems including anti-virus, patch deployment, log management, software deployment, and backup and recovery functions.
- Experience administrating performing and analyzing scans using Nessus.
- Experience in researching vulnerabilities and deploying security patches in a large IT infrastructure environment.
- Windows operating systems packaging, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Administration of virtualization technologies including VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Experience with administering both network and host-based firewalls.
- Experience troubleshooting LAN connectivity problems.
- Experience using specific technologies such as Splunk, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, Wireshark, App-V, Tripwire, Trend Micro, LANDesk, Sysinternals Tools, Puppet Enterprises, Checkpoint Firewall, Veeam backup, HP, and Cisco server hardware, KVM hardware, PowerShell.
- Server Virtualization, i.e., Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere.
- Network Virtualization, i.e., VMWare NSX, Cisco ACI.
- Storage services, i.e., Nexgen, Pure, vSAN, and other network-attached storage arrays Patch Management of network and compute devices.
- Windows infrastructure, i.e., active directory, group policy, PKI, et al.
- Network time distribution.
- Experience working in a cloud or private cloud support role.
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
Work sponsorship is not available at this time. Third-party candidates will not be considered for this position.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com