Civil Engineering Technician
Civil Engineering Technicians apply theory and principles of civil engineering in planning, designing, construction and maintenance of structures and facilities under the direction of the lead engineers.
Frequent positions we fill:
- Civil Designer
- Civil Engineering Designer
- Civil Engineering Assistant
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Construction Analyst
- Design Technician
- Engineering Assistant
- Engineering Specialist
- Engineering Technician
- Transportation Engineering Technician
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Inspect project site and evaluate contractor work to detect design malfunctions and ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes.
Requirements will vary by individual position.