System Administrators install, configure and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and internet systems or a segment of a network system.
Common tasks include monitoring network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test web site performance to ensure web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists, and may administer network security measures.
Frequent positions we fill:
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Network Manager
- Network Specialist
- Information Technology Specialist (IT Specialist)
- Local/Wide Area Network Administrator (LAN/WAN Administrator)
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
Requirements will vary by individual position.